United Nations were declared Year 1985 as "International YouthYear" and during that time our Government was declared that Swami Vivekanandaas a National Youth Leader and his birth day 12th January will beobserved as "National Youth Day". Since then we are observing 12thJanuary as National Youth Day. ........
· We want to lead mankind to the place where there is neither theVedas, nor the Bible, nor the Koran; yet this has to be done by harmonizing theVedas, the Bible, and the Koran.
· My ideal, indeed, can be put into a few words, and that is topreach unto mankind their divinity, and how to make it manifest in everymovement of life.
· I belong as much as to the INDIA as to the WORLD.
· Bold is my message to the WEST but bolder is my message to theEAST my beloved countrymen.
· My idea that can be put into singlewords- the high ideal Upanishads to translate in to simple English and scatteredthem through Out the World so that even a child can understand it.
· If there is one word that you find coming like bomb from in the Upanishads,bursting like a bomb-shell upon the masses of ignorance, it is the word,fearlessness.
· Ye are the children of God, the sharers of immortal bliss, holyand perfect beings. Ye divinities on earth- sinners! It is sin to call a manso; it is a standing libel on human nature. Come up, O lions, and shake off thedelusion that you are sheep; you are souls immortal, sprits free, blest andeternals.
· "Men men these are wanted, everything else will be ready. ButStrong, vigorous, believing young man sincere to the backbone is wanted. Ahundred such and the world become revolutionized" .
- Religion is the manifestation of the divinity already in man.
· Religionis the idea which is raising the brute unto man, and man unto God.
· Thesecret of religion lies not in theories but in practice. To be good and do good- that is the whole of religion.
· Manis higher than all animals, than all angels; none is greater than man.
· Lookat the wall. Did the wall ever tell a lie? It is always the wall. Man tells alie and becomes a god, too. After so much austerity, I have understood this asthe real truth - God is present in every jiva; there is no other God besidesthat. 'Who serves jiva, serves God indeed.'
· Cutout the word help from your mind. You cannot help; it is blasphemy! You worship.When you give a morsel of food to a dog, you worship the dog as God. He is all,and is in all.
· Unselfishnessis God. One may live on a throne, in a palace, and be perfectly unselfish; andthen he is in God. Another may live in a hut and wear rags, and have nothing inthe world; yet if he is selfish, he is intensely merged in the world.
· Beforeflooding India with socialistic or political ideas, first deluge the land with spiritualideas.
· Mankindought to be taught that religions are but the varied expressions of THERELIGION, which is Oneness, so that each may choose the path that suits himbest.
· Truth,purity, and unselfishness - whenever these are present, there is no power belowor above the sun to crush the possessor thereof. Equipped with these, oneindividual is able to face the whole universe in opposition.
· Everythingcan be sacrificed for truth, but truth cannot be sacrificed for anything.
· Thehighest ideal is eternal and entire self-abnegation, where there is no 'I', butis Thou'.
· Allexpansion is life, all contraction is death.
· Thenational ideals of India are Renunciation and Service. Intensity her in those channels, and the restwill take care of itself.
· Whowill give the world light? Sacrifice in the past has been the Law, it will be,alas, for ages to come. The earth's bravest and best will have to sacrificethemselves for the good of many, for the welfare of all