Sent from my iPhone
Begin forwarded message:
From: "DR.BHAVESH DEVANI" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 28 May 2012 9:06:28 PM GMT+05:30
To: Mahesh Trivedi <email@example.com>, Jayanti Bhadesia <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Dr.ketan hindocha" <Dr.Hindocha@gmail.com>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: [iadvl] Open letter to Amir Khan,please fwd it to him if you have his email
On May 28, 2012 3:43 PM, "Sanjeev Goyal" <email@example.com> wrote:This is an open letter to Mr. Amir Khan after the latest episode of SATYAMEV JAYATE by a Doctor friend. And yes, I do agre the with many of the observations.
Dear Mr. Amir Khah
"NOT ALL DOCTORS ARE GREEDY"
"THERE IS NO PROFESSION THAT IS ABSOLUTELY CLEAN"
"DOCTORS ARE OBLIGED TO SERVE BY CHOICE, NOT BY COMPULSION"
I have been a big fan or your work, life and principles. I am also a fan of'Satyamev Jayate'. But I was shocked to see the episode on 27th May,2012. You are an Icon. You should have thought well and done the homework before doing such a biased show. There are only two people inthe film industry that are being taken seriously by the thinking class of society, You and Amitabh Bacchhan. So, when you give such a biased and one sided version of a story, it hurts. Speaking about such a thing on a"commercial" TV show is bad. (I am sure you have taken a big amount, only doctor are supposed to do charity and social work, not actors!!! Right!)
I want to highlight few important points here. And yes I am qualified to make observations as I am a doctor and have spent many years in the profession.
1. Your guests and audience (the words were almost put in their mouth)said that private colleges charge a capitation fee of 40 – 50 Lacs for MBBS,you should have also produced some evidence of such practice. Like you call a victim in all your episodes, why not here? And the same story applies to Engineering, Architecture, Law and MBA colleges, do you think they are clean? Why target doctors alone?
2. You said since 2001, government opened 31 medical colleges and 106 private institutes were opened. – Please note that today in India, there area total of 181 Private and 152 Govt Medical colleges. So the number is notas bad s you projected. Don't project only the time period which suits your story. Either give a complete picture or do not give a picture at all!And also, please find out how many of these private colleges are owned bypoliticians? 95% of Private colleges in India are owned and run bypoliticians. It is a nexus between politicians and MCI. The corruptionby politicians is to blamed for the mess, not doctors!!!
3. One of your guest (Dr. Gulhati) said that doctors ask for 30%commission from Pharma companies to write their drugs. That is baseless,over-the-roof and sensationalizing the matter. That is as true as "MostLeading actors ask newcomers to sleep with them" or "Lawyers takemoney from both the sides in a legal battle" or "Most chartered accountants teach their clients how to save tax and also pass info to taxman on where his client saved tax".
I know all of you will shout "Whereis the proof?". So will doctors!!!
I am not trying to sensationalize things as you did on your show byshading those fake tears, but just trying to project that allegations are easyto make. I know you will say that this was the opinion of our guest, and notyours. But you provided a platform for these fake allegations
4. You compared the numbers of Licenses cancelled in England and in India. I must say your team is quite resourceful and please collect and compare following details also –
a.Number of doctors beaten on duty by goons from various political outfits in government hospitals in UK and India in last 10 years, and also the number of people convicted for such crime.
b.The Stipend (Salary a post-graduate trainee doctor/intern gets) or Salary and accommodation facilities provided to the doctors of the two countries.
c.The duty hours and working conditions of the doctors of the twocountries.d.The academic and research infrastructure being provided to the medica lstudents.
5. You said that the most brilliant students who take up medicine, should take it only for service to mankind, they should go to other fields if they want to earn. Why? Are we living in imperialism? Are doctors not allowed to earn and spend a good life? You were asking Dr. Devi Shetty whether he can do humanitarian work and Earn at same time? This is like asking Amir khan or Shahrukh khan their income and generalizing it for every actorin the industry (Even junior artists).
Sir, just as there are only few Khans and Kapoors, There are even fewer Devi Shetty and Naresh Trehan who run their chain of Multi-specialty hospitals spread all over the country. Seewhat it takes to become a doctor and then give such "Geeta-Gyan".
a. 5 and half year of MBBS training and 1 more year of Compulsory RuralInternship at Rs. 15000 - 20000 per month. (Any other field eg.Engineering, Management, a person would become Postgraduate in thismuch time and start earning double the amount.)If one doesn't study further, the pay at this step is 22,000 per month.
b. After above 6 and half years of Graduation, 3 more years ofPostgraduation, followed again by compulsory rural / Government job for 1year or pay Rs. 25Lac bond.If one doesn't study further, the pay at this step is 40,000 per month.
c. After this above 10 and half years, 3 more years of Superspeciality,followed by 1 year of Govt job or a Bond of Rs. 2 Crore.And the seats are so few with tough competition, there tends to be a gap of a year or two in preparing for various entrance exams.6. Why only Doctors are being forced to work in rural and governmenthospitals after their study? Why only we should pay government if we don't want to do it?The rural/Govt sector needs help of Engineers, Lawyers, CharteredAccountants and MBAs also.Why aren't the Engineers sent to rural areas to design and monitor roadsand industrials development?Why aren't the Lawyers forced to work as Public prosecutors before theycan join some big foreign corporate firm?Why aren't the CAs asked to work in CAG office and various othergovernment financial sectors before joining Multinational Giants?Now government wants that doctors should not immigrate to othercountries without asking them. Why? Are the IIT/IIM students stoppedbefore they flee to foreign countries for big fat salaries? So, why us? Whatis it that government of society has done for doctors that they shouldrepay? They bloody can't even protect them from goons while on duty.
7. You say that doctors are writing unnecessary and costly medications. Dowe decide the price of a drug? Do we manufacture or give license to drugmanufacturers? Controlling the price of essential drugs is a governmentjob. We are helpless.Sir, its easy to point fingers. We don't say that all is well. But all is not wellanywhere. Its a different thing creating awareness about dowry or femalefeticide. But its entirely different to comment on such a technical andcomplicated issue without getting into the details of it.You have maligned the entire medical fraternity.
For every 10 doctors whoare doing wrong, there are more than 1000 healers.
You owe us anapology!!! This issue is not as simple as you think it is! Please show stories which are unbiased and straight-forward. You cannot do justice to such an issue, especially after charging a whooping amount for creating awareness!!!(We hear that Amir has charged 3 crores for episode of Satyamev Jayate inwhich he spreads the message to doctors that they should not makemoney and do social service!!! How sacred!!! I don't know if its true, butwell, it's the season of allegations!)
"We Doctors may be doing little social service, But at least we are not charging for it!"
- DoctorSanjeev GoyalSIRSA__._,_.___Messages in this topic (1)Recent Activity: