Benefits of Surya Namaskar
TNN, May 7, 2010, 01.46pm IST
The simple Surya Namaskar that has been practiced in India for years has recently found a whole lot of takers.
And if you want a good start to your day, what better than the Surya Namaskar, which is known to have a host of health benefits. There are 12 different poses to do in a Surya Namaskar and you're known to have finished a complete round when you've performed two consecutive sets.
- You don't need to be doing yoga regularly in order to practice the Surya Namaskar. If performed correctly, this exercise does not strain or cause injury. If performed in the morning, it relieves stiffness, revitalises your body and refreshes the mind. Do it during the day and it will instantly boost you up, practice it after sundown and it helps you unwind.
- Not only does the Surya Namaskar give you a great stretch and keep you fit physically (it is extremely beneficial for your joints, ligaments and improves flexibility and posture), but is also does wonders for your mental and emotional health.
- Surya Namaskar stimulates almost every system in your body - the cardiovascular system because it keeps the heart strong and, the digestive system as well as the nervous system.
- It also makes endocrinal glands like the thyroid, parathyroid and pituitary glands, function normally.
- Practising the Surya Namaskar regularly is also known to ease stress and give you peace of mind besides increasing your levels of concentration.
- If you have trouble sleeping at night, the Surya Namaskar will help you fall asleep without using any external stimulants.
http://timesofindia. indiatimes.com/Life/Health- Fitness/Fitness/Benefits-of- Surya-Namaskar/articleshow/ 5419872.cms
Post a Comment