Raksha Bandhan and Nariyal Pournima
- 1. Raksha Bandhan
- 2. Rakhi
- 3. Nariyal Pournima
Raksha Bandhan is the festival of rakhi. This is the festival of brother and sister. This festival is celebrated on Shravan Pournima.
The science underlying Raksha Bandhan can be understood with the help of the Divine Knowledge received by Mrs. Anjali Gadgil, Sanatan's seeker receiving Divine Knowledge.
On the day of Shravan Pournima high speed frequencies of Yama principle are activated in the universe. Particles of the Absolute Fire Element (Tej) are generated due to the friction between these high speed frequencies. These particles of Tej are emitted into the atmosphere. They become inert because of their union with the ground particles and they create a covering on the ground. This is called raksha.
Bali, the king of Hell region uses the raja-tama frequencies emitted by this raksha to nurture the negative energies. Hence, a woman ties rakhi to a man as a symbol of invoking Earth and taking Earth's help in restraining this action of King Bali.
On the day of Shravan Pournima, Deity Laxmi tied rakhi to King Bali and freed Narayana.
येन बद्घो बली राजा दानवेन्द्रो महाबल: ।
तेन त्वामपि बध्नामि रक्षे मा चल मा चल ।।
This means, I tie you with the same raksha, by which the powerful demon king, King Bali was tied. O rakhi, you remain steadfast.
As per the teachings of Bhavishyapuran, Rakshabandhan was primarily meant for kings. Nowadays this festival is celebrated by everyone. The sister ties her brother a rakhi on the day of Rakshabandhan.
Appropriate prayer by the brother on Raksha Bandhan day: On Raksha Bandhan day every brother should pray, 'In addition to the protection of my sister let me make efforts for the protection of society, nation and Dharma.'
- For tying the rakhi, a short wooden stool is placed for the brother to be seated
- A rangoli design is drawn around this wooden stool
- Sattvik frequencies are emitted from the rangoli designs made in this way and they help in making the environment of the place sattvik.
(The brother wearing new clothes and a cap on his head, applies tilak on his forehead and sits on the wooden stool. Sister stands in front of him with a platter for aukshan in her hand. Both brother and sister close their eyes, pay obeisance to the God.)
- Now both brother and sister pray to the deities for the protection of each other.
- The sister applies tilak of vermillion to the brother.
- The sister ties the rakhi on the right wrist of the brother.
- After tying the rakhi, a ghee lamp arti is waved in a semi-circle in front of the brother.
- After waving the arti, the brother gives his sister something as a gift. The sister should respect the brother by accepting his gift.
Non-sattvik gifts are raja-tama predominant. That is why a brother should give sattvik gift to his sister. By giving a sattvik gift like a religious holy text or chanting beads, which will augment sister's spiritual practice, following benefits are derived:
Here the important thing is that the sister should tie the rakhi without any expectation of a gift.
- Sattvik items do not affect the Jivas at a worldly level.
- The Jiva which gives a sattvik gift benefits to the extent of 20% and the receiving Jiva benefits 18%.
- By sattvik action the give and take account reduces and new account is not created.
If the sister bears any expectation of a gift from the brother then she is deprived of spiritual benefit. When she does not have any expectations, she benefits from the blessing of the brother. Thus she benefits at a spiritual level.
How should the spiritual emotion of the sister be while tying a rakhi? Srikrushna's finger was cut and blood was oozing out of it. He went to Draupadi. Without much thought she tore a piece of the pallu of the expensive zari saree she was wearing and tied it to His finger. On Raksha Bandhan day every sister should have the spiritual emotion like Draupadi.
- There is benefit of Sri Ganesh principle and Sri Saraswati principle. The principles of Sri Ganesh and Sri Saraswati descend on Earth in higher proportion. By praying for the protection of each other by the brother and sister, both benefit from the these deity principles.
- There is increase in the Absolute Fire element. By waving arti the frequencies of the Absolute Fire element are emitted by the flame of the lamp and help in enhancing the Absolute Fire element in the brother.
- The brother benefits from the Shakti principle. The Shakti principle is awakened in the woman tying rakhi. THe brother benefits from this Shakti principle through the medium of the rakhi.
- The mutual give and take between the brother and sister decreases. Generally there is 30% give and take account between a brother and sister. They complete their give and take account in the subtle form through the medium of festivals like Rakhi Pournima.
In ancient times, akshat, that is, some unbroken rice grains were covered in white cloth and it was tied with silk thread as rakhi.
Divine Knowledge received by Sanatan's seeker Mrs. Anjali Gadgil: Akshat, that is, unbroken rice is all encompassing and silk thread has the ablility of rapidly transmitting sattvik frequencies. Thus, rakhi is made from akshat and silk thread. This rakhi is tied to the brother by the sister. The frequencies of spiritual energy in the sister are transferred to the brother when the sister ties the rakhi to him. This activates the surya-nadi (sun channel) of the brother and the Shiva principle in him is awakened. This results in disintegration of the raja-tama particles present in the atmosphere.
Over the period of time, this type of rakhi has disappeared and presently, various types of rakhis are available in the market. Most of them are gaudy. They are not sattvik. The subtle effect of such rakhi is:
1. An illusory flow is attracted in the rakhi
2. Tama-predominant flow of black energy is attracted in the rakhi.
- An illusory spiral is generated in the rakhi due to the various colourfull and flashy items used in making the rakhi.
- Illusory frequencies are spread in the body of the person upon tying such rakhi.
- Illusory particles remains active for a long time in his body.
3. Tama-predominated frequencies are spread in the body of the woman tying the rakhi.
- A tama-predominant and thorny spiral is generated in the rakhi and a spiral of tama guna revolves in an activated form in the wrist of the preson to whom the rakhi is tied.
- Tama-predominant frequencies spread in the body of the person. Thereby, these tama-predominant vibrations enter every action performed by his hands.
- Particles of tama are spread in his body.
4. Tama–predominant illusory particles are spread in the environment.
A sattvik rakhi in which Divine principle will get attracted and retained should be purchased. The subte effect given below depicts how Sanatan-made rakhi is sattvik compared to the rakhis available in the market.
1. Divine principle is attracted towards the Guru-disciple logo on the rakhi.
2. A spiral is created in the rakhi in the form of nirgun principle.
- A spiral of this Divine principle is created.
3. A flow of Chaitanya is also attracted.
4. A flow of spiritual energy is attracted in the rakhi.
- And a spiral of Chaitanya is generated in the rakhi.
- Through this spiral, a flow of Chaitanya is emitted in the environment.
- Particles of Chaitanya are also emitted in the environment.
- Frequencies of Chaitanya flow from the thread of the rakhi. Therefore the brother gains Chaitanya upon tying of rakhi.
5. A spiral of spiritual emotion (bhav) is generated in the rakhi if, while tying the rakhi the sister has the bhav that 'I am tying the rakhi to the God residing in the brother'.
- A spiral of spiritual energy is activated.
- Particles of spiritual energy are emitted from this spiral.
The rakhi made by Sanatan Sanstha contains the devotion unto the Guru, spiritual emotion of love, sattvikta and Chaitanya. The distress of negative energies suffered by the brother and sister gets reduced, spiritual emotion of devotion is enhanced and the intensity of the six internal foes of the Jiva reduces due to the beneficial frequencies of Chaitanya and sattvikta.
Nowadays, rakhis are decorated with 'Om' or pictures of deities. After use, these rakhis are discarded and thrown away. As they are then trodden under the feet by others it actually amounts to denigration of deities. We only have to incur sin for this. Hence, immerse rakhis in flowing water. Do practice this and educate others.
Nariyal Pournima is a festival celebrated due to seasonal change. During the period of Nariyal Pournima the rainfall decreases. Hence on this daypeople go to the coast and worship the sea, that is, deity Varun. Deity Varun is controls water. Due to the worship deity Varun is appeased and one does not have to face dangers of the sea. This festival is celebrated along the entire coastline of Bharat with great pomp and splendor.
On this day the coconut to be offered to the sea is decorated. It is taken to the sea shore in a procession. On reaching the shore the sea is worshipped and the coconut is offered with faith.
There is high proportion of the Absolute Fire element in the coconut water. The frequencies of Yama have high proportion of the Absolute Water element. On this day there is predominance of frequencies of Yama having high proportion of the Absolute Water element in the universe. These frequencies are in a whirlpool like motion in the universe. By invoking Lord Varun the frequencies of Yama are attracted towards the coconut water. The Absolute Fire element in the coconut water controls these Yama frequencies. The raja-tama particles in these frequencies are disintegrated and are immersed in the sea. Due to this the atmosphere is also purified.
Subtle effect of offering coconut to the sea:
1. By paying obeisance to the deity of sea with spiritual emotion, a spiral of spiritual emotion is generated in the person.
2. By worshipping the coconut a spiral of Divine principle is activated in it.
3. A spiral of Divine Consciousness is activated in the coconut.
4. Due to the worship of the deity of sea with spiritual emotion, a flow of Divine principle is attracted towards the sea. Unmanifest Divine principle manifests in the form of a spiral and becomes activated.
5. The principle of deity of rain (Varun devata) is activated in the form of a spiral.
6. The nirgun principle is activated in higher proportion in the sea in the form of a spiral. Particles of nirgun principle spread into the environment.
7. A flow of bliss is attracted from God.
8. A flow of Divine Consciousness from God is attracted towards the sea.
- A spiral of bliss is generated in the sea.
- The flow of bliss is emitted towards the person.
- A spiral of bliss is generated in the person too.
9. A flow of spiritual energy is attracted towards the sea.
- Due to this flow a spiral of Divine Consciousness is generated in the sea.
- The flow of Divine Consciousness is emitted towards the person.
- A spiral of Divine Consciousness is generated in the person.
10. The black energy covering on the person is removed.
- A spiral of spiritual energy is generated in the sea.
- The flow of spiritual energy is emitted towards the person and a spiral of spiritual energy is generated in him.
- Particles of spiritual energy become activated.
Date India's Teen Diva. Find out if you hit it off with her or are her fiery opposite. Drag n' drop